Whether you’re a direct marketing newbie or veteran, the various aspects involved in executing a campaign can be overwhelming. Regardless of the tactics used (direct mail, email, IVR or other digital mediums) questions inevitably arise.
Our team is always available to offer guidance on complex situations, and in our “Direct Mail Marketing Basics FAQ” we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions, such as:
- Do people respond to direct marketing?
- How can I ensure my communications will reach the best audience for my campaign?
- What internal preparations should be completed before sending out the campaign?
- What can I do to get my piece noticed?
- How long will it take for my direct mail tactics to drop in homes?
- What do I do with people who want to be placed on the Do Not Solicit list?
- I have sent marketing tactics to a deceased person, how do I handle?
- Why do divorced people still get their former spouses’ mail?
- Why are pieces damaged upon receipt?
- Will there be any returned mail?
- Can individual addresses be corrected in the database?
- Why does there seem to be a data lag?
- Do we have to send mail via the United States Postal Service (USPS)?
- Why has my male CEO (who is on the seed list) received a female version of a campaign sample?